Mikro Lesson 5
|Mikro Lesson 5||Learning Outcomes||Method/Steps|
Oxford Reading Tree
Charlie Stories (Charlie and the Cart) by
Martin Waddell and Daniel Postgate
|- enjoy the story|
- answer questions to demonstrate understanding of text
- determine the meaning of words/phrases:
“driving the cart”
-share personal thoughts on the plot
|-t reads p.23, t asks st “Why doesn’t Charlie wake Farmer Oldboots up?”
-t elicits “because he might shout at Charlie” from st.
-t asks st “Do you think Charlie likes being yelled at?”
- t elicits “no because I don’t like being yelled at” anything reasonable.
-st reads p.24
-t asks st “Does Charlie’s idea work? Why”
-t elicits “no because nobody is driving the cart” from st
-t asks st “what happens if a car is moving but nobody is driving it?”
- t elicits “it crashes” from st.
- t asks st “is this the same or similar?”
- t elicits “similar”
- t shows picture on p25 to st.
- t asks “How tired do you think Farmer Oldboots is? From 0-10 (10=super tired) why?”
- t elicits “10, since he didn’t wake up after so many things happened” or anything reasonable from st.
-Ss read p25-26
-t asks st “Which animal is willing and happy to help Charlie steer?”
- t elicits guesses from st.
- St reads p.27
- t asks st “Did Charlie’s idea work?”
- t elicits “no” from st.
-t reads p29 and asks st “What do you think the horse is thinking?”
- t elicits guesses from st, anything reasonable.
-t reads p30-31
-t asks st “Did you enjoy the story? Why or why not?”
- t elicits “yes because… or no because….” From st.